Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Ideas

Allright, now I know how hard it is to post regularly - life just seems to get in the way and before you know it six weeks have passed.  I hope that everyone had a great holiday, and had time to relax with family and freinds.  For my New Years resolution I promise to post at least once a week, and keep in touch with everyone.

I decided that I should learn more about the digital images that I have been purchasing over the last few months, so I spent an afternoon learning how to merge, resize and flip images and this is the end result of one of my attempts.  The little girl and the polar bear are both CC Design images that I purchased from All That Scraps.  It is really hard to photograph white on white cards, but I have used several punches and the Viva Decor pearls to accent the snowflakes decorating the front of the card.
**I did it!! I've entered my first challenge at http://abcdtchallenge.blogspot.com/  - I think this particular card really suited the theme for this challenge -it's almost like I knew what the theme would be!!


This is another card that I recently designed using a Kraftin Kimmie image.  The embossing is from the Tim Holtz postcard embossing folder, that I inked and then tore into smaller pieces layering it onto the front of the card.  For the interior of the card I blended several colors of Distress Inks, and then heat embossed an image from Tattered Angels over the resulting paper.  I think this would make an excellent card for someone who is traveling, or for that special man in your life.

That's it for now, but I will be posting again soon, so stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Soooo stinkin' cute!! I especially adore the snow project - I love the white snowflakes on the white snow bank, and those images are darling! Thanks so much for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts! Be sure and post the link to our challenge in your post in order to be eligible for the prize! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project and so perfect for the ABC Toys & Crafts "BABY IT's COLD OUTSIDE". I am also struggling with the consistency of posting. I used to be so good at posting. So nice to meet you and see the ABCTC blinkie, make sure to list us in your posting so that your readers can join in the fun too

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! I love these images. Just perfect!
    Thanks for playing at ABC Toys & Crafts!
    Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete