Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spring must be in the air!

Wow, time seems to just fly by and the next thing you know, the weekend is a day away!!  I am trying to keep my promise of posting once a week and here's the latest cards that I've completed.  I`m sure that we are all tired of winter and snow, so my cards are all starting to reflect the hope of spring coming soon.



    This card features my first Belles & Whistles stamp - Little Eden - and I can definetly say that I love this image - the little pout on her face is adorable.  Of course I used my copic sketch markers to color this little darling.  The dp is from Prima's Jack n' Jill line, the flowers were punched out of vellum, layered, petals shaped, and then completed with a pearl that I colored with my copic Y04 to match the yellows on the paper.  I enhanced the interior of the card with a Martha Stewart border punch.


 
     I have owned this stamp from Stamp Barn for probably close to a year and I finally decided to ink it up and play.  I didn't use any patterned paper on this card, just cardstock - the pink has been embossed using two different embossing folders.  I know that it is probably hard to see, but the girls look like they are walking into a beautiful sunset - I used my pastel copics to randomly color all the pinks, oranges, blues, etc that you would normally see at the close of a summer day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shari - I just love love those two cards. You did a beautiful job with the two images. I can't wait to come back to Calgary so I can start playing at your house. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete